THE MAIN ADVANTAGES OF PAYING BY SMARTPHONE
- Convenience. A mobile or smart gadget is always at hand. You don't have to look for a wallet in a bag and then cash or a card to pay.
- Speed. To pay, it is enough to activate the smart gadget and present it to the contactless terminal. The technology works without Wi-Fi and the Internet.
- Security. The user does not pass on his payment card to anyone. Payment is made only when he unlocked the gadget himself. Thus, thanks to new technologies of protection and encryption, the attacker will not be able to find out the card number and expiration date.
HOW IT WORKS ON A PHYSICAL LEVEL
- Android Lollipop 5.0
- or another smart gadget with an NFC chip
- NFC (Near Field Communication) - data exchange technology at a distance of up to 3-4 cm. It is provided by chips built into plastic cards, mobile phones, watches, bracelets, terminals or other devices. The technology does not require Internet or Wi-Fi.
- See if there is an NFC inscription on the body of the gadget and the battery
- Open Wireless Networks in your phone settings
- Find the NFC mode item. If not, the smartphone does not support the technology.
HOW IT WORKS AT THE SOFTWARE LEVEL
HOW IT WORKS AT THE TECHNOLOGICAL LEVELPayment by smartphone is made via NFC.