We remind you about the convenience and expediency of using cashless payments and online shopping, especially during quarantine. At the same time, we draw your attention to the need to follow simple security rules when making online payments with payment cards, which will help protect your personal information and money, and prevent online fraud in a timely manner. Modern fraudsters use a variety of schemes using psychological methods of social engineering to gain access to manage your money.
Here are some common examples and countermeasures:
1. Scammers pretend to be interested sellers / buyers who inspire trust, forcing you to disclose your card information in order to leave you your money.
When selling / buying goods on the Internet, get detailed information from the interlocutor. If he is unable to provide it, his actions are likely to be illegal. Keep your card details secure.
2. Fraudsters ask for card details with a promise to provide free cash prizes.
Never disclose personal card information, such as its expiration date, PIN code, CVV code, or one-time passwords. If you have been deceived, call the bank immediately, lock the card and change your passwords.
3. Impersonating bank employees, fraudsters may contact you from a variety of numbers, offering to join a loyalty program, or providing other offers.
Add a bank phone number to your contact list.
4. Scammers pretend to be calling from your bank, claiming that you need to enter your card details immediately.
If you suspect that something is wrong, immediately hang up and call the bank using the official phone number on the back of your card.
5. Fraudsters may use recorded messages, emails, or impersonate an employee to report an attempted fraud with your bank account. They may ask you to verify your identity by providing your payment card number, expiration date, CVV, or one-time password.
Never provide financial information unless you have personally initiated the communication.
Remember that bank representatives never call or send inquiries via e-mail, SMS or messenger to find out personal information about your account and card. Report suspicious calls, text messages, or emails by calling the number on the back of your payment card.
To communicate with the bank, use only the communication channels specified in the bank documents or on our official website creditdnepr.com.ua.
To learn more about the basic security rules for online payments and check how to apply these rules in a real situation, passing the online test from the Visa chatbot, you can follow the link.
Be aware and attentive, take care of yourself and your money!